Position Location: Brooklyn, NY
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with 50 partner organizations in 38 states and Puerto Rico and build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. CPD is a rapidly-expanding, dynamic organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position
Reporting to the Development Director, the Grant Writer is responsible for preparing and producing compelling grant proposals and funder reports.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare grant proposals and necessary supporting documentation, including developing proposed budgets for submission to potential funders.
- Work closely with senior staff in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals.
- Coordinate and prepare narrative reports for funders.
- Maintain an up-to-date archive of general text about the organization, for use in proposals
- Perform prospect research on potential sources of funding.
- Maintain accurate database records on funding prospects
- Provide writing support for other development materials, such as the annual report and marketing collateral
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree with a 5+ years in development and grant writing.
- Ability to write clear, structured, persuasive proposals
- Ability to listen well to the program goals and/or accomplishments and record them accurately and skillfully in reports and proposals.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent editing and proofreading
- Strong research skills
- A demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate income families
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.