Data Director for Civic Engagement
Position Location: Washington DC strongly preferred.
Start Date: January 3, 2018.
About the Position
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action (CPD/A) is seeking a Data Coordinator for Civic Engagement. This is a crucial position on our Politics team at CPD/A.
The Data Coordinator will be the point person for national and partner voterfile use, supporting people across our network in accessing and analyzing voter data to strengthen their power-building work. The Data Coordinator will help select geographies and constituencies to target for civic engagement, based on the most up to date databases and digital data analysis tools available.
Our Data Coordinator will work across departments, interfacing with our Digital and Public Relations teams, our State Power-Building Project and our Sustainability Canvassing program, to ensure the whole organization is maximizing its use of data to meet our social, racial and economic justice goals.
About CPD + CPD Action
The Center for Popular Democracy and the Center for Popular Democracy Action promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country.
We currently work with 50 partner organizations in 38 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. CPD/A drives ambitious campaigns and partner with community-based organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
Include but not limited to:
- Provide strategic advice and support to partner organization in voterfile and VAN utilization
- Develop analyses of voter data for use in research, targeting, and political strategy
- Support programs across CPD/A in augmenting and syncing data relevant to their work
- Develop dashboards and metrics for monitoring voter registration and other civic engagement activities for partners and national efforts
- Participate in Political Team plan and strategy development
- Previous experience managing VAN and voterfile data for large-scale civic engagement programs
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines required.
- Skill and patience for training and supporting new users of database technology
- Knowledge of “Big Data” sources and analytics tools for conducting strategic analysis of large amounts of data
- Commitment to social justice
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days per year, 10 sick days per year, 12 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
We are looking for an immediate hire, so applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.