Senior Digital Strategist
Location Postion: Brooklyn, N.Y., Washington, D.C. or option to work remotely
About the Position:
This is a senior position on the Center for Popular Democracy’s (CPD) Digital Strategies team within the department of Public Affairs and Strategic Communications.
The Senior Digital Strategist is responsible for working with campaigns to design and implement online organizing and outreach strategies as a critical component of CPD’s issue campaigns for economic opportunity and against structural racism and white supremacy.
Digital Strategists oversee online campaign tactics using tools such as broadcast email, content management systems, social media, online ads, text messages, and more.
- Manages every aspect of online campaigning in their designated issue areas, including (but not limited to) making a campaign plan; writing content for email and websites; coordinating with graphic designers and video producers on content; and managing production of web ads, as needed.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders on the integration of digital strategy, content, and technology to advance campaign goals.
- Analyzes and reports on metrics for their campaigns; works with the Director of Public Affairs and Strategic Communications and other Digital Campaign Managers to consistently improve relevant metrics.
- Monitors the latest news in their designated issue areas; looks for opportunities for online activism.
- Performs other duties as required to support CPD and its mission.
Education and Experience:
- Five years’ experience in online organizing required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing is essential.
- Excellent writing and editing skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines required.
- Also required is the ability to work rapid-response campaign hours—including nights and weekends—when news breaks or campaign activities otherwise demand.
- Field (offline) experience in a staff or volunteer capacity working directly with issues and communities that CPD is involved in is preferred.
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Proven experience managing strategy, content creation, and website development for online campaigns
- Experience developing and implementing strategy on a wide range of campaigns, including community organizing, political, and legislative, as well as experience working with grassroots activists
- Knowledge of website development, HTML, and content management systems such as Wordpress and Drupal
- Knowledge of the use of new technology for community advocacy
- Experience building audiences and engaging communities online
- Knowledge of political advocacy campaigns
- Ability to coordinate with others on projects so that deadlines are satisfactorily met
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders in complex and sometimes political situations
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology
- Ability to write and proofread Spanish is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days per year, 10 sick days per year, 12 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.