Digital Campaign Strategist
Position Location: Offices in Washington DC and NYC; candidates from other locations considered
Start Date: As soon as possible with a negotiable start date.
About the Position
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action (CPD/CPDA) is seeking a Digital Campaign Strategist. This is a senior position on our Digital Strategies team within the department of Public Affairs and Strategic Communications.
The Digital Campaign Strategist will run their own online campaigns using tools such as broadcast email, content management systems, social media, online ads, text messages, and more.
The Digital Campaign Strategist is responsible for working with campaigns to design and implement online organizing and outreach strategies as a critical component of CPD’s and CPDA’s issue campaigns against various aspects of economic inequality, structural racism, and white supremacy.
About CPD + CPD Action
The Center for Popular Democracy and the Center for Popular Democracy Action promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with 50 partner organizations in 38 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. CPD and CPDA drive ambitious campaigns and partner with community-based organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
Include but not limited to:
Manage every aspect of online campaigning in their designated issue areas, including (but not limited to) making a campaign plan; writing content for email and websites; coordinating with graphic designers and video producers on content; and managing production of web ads, as needed.
Work with internal and external stakeholders on the integration of online strategy, content, and technology to advance campaign goals.
Analyze and report on metrics for their campaigns; work with the Digital Director and other Digital Campaign Strategists to consistently improve relevant metrics.
Monitor the latest news in their designated issue areas; look for opportunities for online activism.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing is essential.
Excellent writing and editing skills required.
Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines required.
Ability to work rapid-response campaign hours—including nights and weekends—when news breaks or campaign activities otherwise demand is required.
High level of flexibility and adaptability
Commitment to social justice
Education and Work Experience
Three years’ experience in online organizing required.
Field (offline) experience in a staff or volunteer capacity with issues and communities that CPD is involved in is preferred.
Additional preferred experience includes:
· Proven experience managing strategy, designing and implementing content, and website development for online campaigns
· Experience developing and implementing strategy on a wide range of campaigns, including community organizing, political, and legislative, as well as experience working with grassroots activists
· Knowledge of website development, HTML, and content management systems such as Wordpress and Drupal
· Knowledge of and experience in SMS platform messaging and management such as Mobile Commons, Hustle, etc.
· Knowledge of the use of new technology for community advocacy
· Experience building audiences and engaging communities online
· Knowledge of political advocacy campaigns
· Ability to coordinate with others on projects so that deadlines are satisfactorily met
· Basic competency for graphic design and proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud products
· Knowledge of and experience in placing content for digital news media companies such as Vox, Buzzfeed, Upworthy, Blavity and others
· Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders in complex and sometimes political situations
· Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology
· Ability to write and proofread Spanish is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days per year, 10 sick days per year, 12 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume through the following link:
We are looking for an immediate hire so applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.