Director of Capacity Building
The Center for Popular Democracy(CPD, c3) and CPD Action (c4) are a national network of close to fifty community-based organizations in 35 states that build organizing power to transform the local, state and national policy landscape through deep,long-term partnerships with leading community organizing groups and progressive labor unions nationwide.
We seek an energetic, experienced Director of Capacity Building, to
i) Coordinate and support our program of capacity-building, which includes a rich array of supports for our partners, including training and leadership development programs for staff at all levels, operations support and technology systems support
ii) Develop our capacity building offerings to include new program components that deepen the engagement and investment of our largest and strongest partners, who are at the cutting edge of the community organizing field
iii) Building and implementing programming that measurably impacts our partners’ effectiveness at base-building and member-engagement
iv) Lead, grow and fundraise for our capacity building team.
A strong candidate will have
i) significant experience as an organizer and institution-builder
ii) deep alignment with CPD’s theory of change, which focuses on building strong people’s institutions,
iii) a track record of effectiveness in campaigning, base-building, staff and member training and leadership development, and building and sustaining coalition and ally relationships,
iv) strongexperience as a supervisor, fundraiser and leader of teams
The Director of Capacity Building’s primary responsibilities will include:
· Providing supervision, support and leadership to a growing team of CPD capacity-buildingstaff
· Building out a program that deeply engages our most-established and effective partners in exploring and implementing innovations that address critical challenges facingthe community organizing field
· Building out and implementing a program that helps our partners build capacity for membershipgrowth and deep member engagement
· Fundraising at least $500,000 per year to sustain and grow CPD’s capacity building work
· A demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate income people;
· At least 10 years’experience in progressive campaigns with community-based organizations
· Experience as a supervisor leader of teams
· Strong track record in base-building, campaigning, leadership development, fundraising and organizational management
· Experience working across departments or teams within an organization;
· Success as independent, self-motivated, and strong leader that is able to drive project and programs to completion in fast-paced environment;
· Ability to work with diverse organizations and partners;
· Experience working in diverse communities
· Excellent writing and communication skills;
· Results-focused and organized;
· Willing to travel
Preference for candidates based in the East Coast. Exceptions may be made for exceptional candidates.
Generous salary and benefits package,depending on experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter.
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community.