The Center for Popular Democracy (CPD, c3) and CPD Action (c4) are a national network of close to fifty community-based organizations in 35 states that build organizing power to transform the local, state and national policy landscape through deep, long-term partnerships with leading community organizing groups and progressive labor unions nationwide.
We seek an energetic, detail-oriented Network Organizer to coordinate communications, build relationships, and facilitate joint action across our partner network and among our array of staff teams.
A strong candidate will have
i) Significant experience working at the community and/or network level building relationships, conducting mobilization, and tracking data in support of organizing efforts
ii) Deep alignment with CPD’s theory of change, which focuses on building strong people’s institutions,
iii) A track record of effectiveness at tracking complex information flows and project management, and
iv) Proven effectiveness at relationship-building.
The Network Organizer’s primary responsibilities will include:
· Building strong relationships with partner staff, to facilitate effective relationship management with each of CPD’s partner organizations
· Tracking and organizing communications and interactions by CPD staff with partners to facilitate effective relationship management with each of CPD’s partner organizations, using CPD’s database infrastructure and other tools
· Working to coordinate staff and partners’ participation in opportunities for shared learning and action, including in-person convenings and trainings, virtual gatherings, and mobilizations
· Coordinating staff within the Organizing and Capacity Building team and the senior management of the organization to support high-quality engagement and support for all CPD partners
· Coordinating CPD support to partner organizations and partner organizations’ leadership and engagement with shared learning and action opportunities, in order to create high-value connections and deeper alignment throughout the network
· A demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate income people;
· At least 4 years’ experience in progressive campaigns with community-based organizations
· Experience working across departments or teams within an organization;
· Success as independent, self-motivated, and strong leader that is able to drive project and programs to completion in fast-paced environment;
· Ability to work within a coalition of diverse organizations and partners;
· Experience working in diverse communities and with grassroots organizations;
· Excellent writing and communication skills;
· Results-focused and organized;
· Willing to have moderate travel schedule.
Preference for candidates based in the East Coast. Exceptions may be made for exceptional candidates.
Generous salary and benefits package, depending on experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community.