FRESC is hiring Managing Director C4
Position Location: DenverMetro, Colorado
About FRESC: FRESC’smission is to build power to ensure that our economy and political system workfor all Colorado residents, especially low income people, communities of colorand immigrants. FRESC creates this change by engaging unions, workers,faith communities and neighborhoods to advance innovative policy solutions. Formore information visit www.fresc.org .
About the Position: Weseek an experienced organizer and manager with political campaign experience tobecome Managing Director of a new dynamic 501(c)4 sister organization toFRESC. The new Managing Director will report to the Executive Director ofFRESC and will receive intensive and regular support and training from bothFRESC and staff at the Center for Popular Democracy.
About CPD: The Centerfor Popular Democracy (CPD) promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamicdemocracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations,organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country.CPD works to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations toenvision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justiceagenda.
The Managing Director will:
• Help launch FRESC’s new (c)4 sister organization.
• Manage all aspects of the (c)4 base-building and campaignwork.
• Supervise and grow the (c)4 staff.
• Work closely with CPD and FRESC to strengthen theorganization’s model and organizing practice.
• Represent the organization powerfully in coalitions andother public spaces.
• Build and drive the organization’s electoral and civicengagement work.
Weare seeking a seasoned social justice leader with strong references who isinterested in growing the organization into a credible powerhouse forgrassroots organizing, economic justice campaigns, and electoral organizing.The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of electoral or communityorganizing experience, and experience organizing in coalition with grassroots,political and labor allies, and strong writing skills.
Candidates shouldalso have:
• Ademonstrated commitment to social justice, strong analysis of systemicoppression based on race, class, gender, sexual orientation and genderidentity, and an understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities,communities of color, and low-and moderate-income families;
• Experience organizing and leading canvasses in the field
• Demonstrated ability to manage, collaborate with, anddevelop staff;
• Strong organizational abilities including planning,delegating, and program development;
• Ability and commitment to development organizing andleadership capacity among staff and members;
• A high level of self-motivation and a proven ability towork independently as well as collaboratively;
• Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
• Dedication and ability to work flexible hours;
• Capacity to engage and inspire a variety of audiences.
• Preferred experience with GOTV campaigns and strongunderstanding of VAN
• Experience with electoral campaigns and political messaginga plus
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred
• Competitive salary offered depending on experience andqualifications.
• Great benefits: family health, dental, vision, holidays,vacation, employer-matched retirement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send (1) cover letter/email, (2) resume, and (3)three work-related references toMelissa Pluss, Organizing Director:firstname.lastname@example.org
FRESC is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individualswith disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are Strongly Encouraged toApply