Deputy Director of Partner Resource Development
Position Location: Brooklyn, NY, Washington DC or Remote
About the Position:
CPD/A seeks a talented development professional to serve as Deputy Director of Partner Resource Development to bring added fundraising capacity to support CPD affiliate organizations. The ideal candidate for this role has experience working across an array of relevant fundraising duties and possesses the competencies to guide both emerging and established organizations toward fundraising success. This person must be a skilled communicator who has demonstrated experience building creative and non-traditional fundraising strategies. This person also holds the belief that an abundance of philanthropic resources exists and that they play an essential role in ensuring that affiliates in our network are best positioned to attract and capture those resources. This is a new position in our Organizing & Capacity Building team that reports to the Director of Partner Resource Development.
About Center for Popular Democracy & Center for Popular Democracy Action (CPD/A)
CPD/A promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with more than 53 affiliates and partners across 131 cities in 34 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, DC and build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. CPD/A is a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
The Partner Resource Development Associate will:
- Create dynamic content and marketing materials to support CPD/A’s ability to raise funds for affiliated organizations
- Work closely with the Director of Partner Resource Development to develop unique content for an annual program of trainings (web-based and in-person).
- Help coordinate and deploy a small team of grant-writing consultants
- Review & edit proposals as needed.
- Provide prospect research on a robust portfolio of funders who have the potential to support the work of our affiliates
- Create and manage systems to track large scale data for fundraising needs assessment and evaluation.
- At least 5 years experience working in diverse fundraising roles,
- Exceptional writing skills (fast and nuanced with an eye towards compelling storytelling and grant-writing)
- Demonstrated ability to build trust in a team and manage a project to a successful completion
- Experience in leveraging funds from social justice funding institutions and individuals
- Experience in creating and implementing effective fundraising systems and structures
- Ability to work effectively with diverse learning styles and personalities
- Demonstrate commitment to social, racial and economic justice.
- Some travel required.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.