Special Projects Manager for Ana Maria Archila
Position Location: Brooklyn, NY
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy & CPD Action promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with more than 50 partner organizations in more than 38 states, Puerto Rico, and D.C., and build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. CPD is a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action (CPD/CPDA) is seeking a full-time Special Projects Manager who will collaborate and support Co-Executive Director Ana Maria Archila on engagement in immigrants rights campaign work, public leadership, writing, and other organizational priorities. This new position is envisioned as a close collaboration that enables Ana Maria to focus on the highest-value leadership work and will involve writing, research, as well as some logistical and scheduling support.
The Special Projects Manager will work with the Executive Director to:
● Ensure the Executive Director is engaging in the highest-impact, most strategic public leadership opportunities that elevate the priorities of the Network. This involves providing support to the Executive Director to assess opportunities, manage engagements, and prepare for engagements (e.g., generating supporting materials such as targeted biography, panel overviews, contract review for engagement, etc.);
● Produce materials that carry the Network message effectively in the public conversation, including drafting & editing, coordinating with other staff for content, tone and message, background researcher, etc.
● Support the Executive Director’s leadership role in key political opportunities with movement allies, including helping to prepare her for meetings, follow up, etc.
● Support strategic fundraising efforts related to the Executive Director’s body of work and leadership role, including researching prospects, drafting materials, scheduling calls, and speaking on behalf of the Executive Director for fundraising efforts with foundations and individual donors, and coordinating with development, digital, political, and other program staff as needed.
● Handle logistics and support scheduling for a fast-moving and in high-demand Executive Director
● Managing vender relationships, contracts, invoices, and receipts on behalf of the Executive Director
● Coordinate as needed with other operational and infrastructure staff to support the Executive Director and manage compliance with organizational-wide systems
● Coordinate effectively with CPD colleagues and affiliates, including reporting out on meetings and conversations with allies, sharing movement developments, etc.
● Engage in strategic analysis of programmatic opportunities and engagement, including background research and preparation, attendance at meetings as needed, etc.
● Support on priority actions & public events as needed.
● Other tasks as required.
● A deep commitment to CPD/A’s mission, politics, and theory of change
● Experience writing in different styles for various audiences on tight timelines
● An interest in CPD/A’s issues, in particular immigrants rights and Black & Brown organizing
● Ability to juggle multiple priorities & effectively communicate priorities to the Executive Director
● A sense of humor, attention to detail, and an ability to work with a diverse range of work styles across the organization
● Excellent communication skills
● Be highly professional, a team player, and a self-starter with extremely strong organizational skills
● Possess the ability to organize, plan, prioritize, and perform assigned duties with modest supervision in a fast-paced environment
● A recognition that political work takes a variety of forms -- from writing to booking travel -- and a willingness to handle the work needed
● Frequent travel and ability to work events outside the normal work day
● At least 7 years relevant experience in social justice work, including writing
● Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic work environment
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days per year, 10 sick days per year, 12 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.